Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Final Diagnostic Essay Draft: Got to be a Kid Again


Have you ever been on a Vacation that just seems magical and fun, like a little kid exploring a toy store? I had just that experience with my family when we went down to Disney World in the summer of 2008. While we were at Disney World I got to do what I wanted to do, see what I wanted to see, and I also got to bring that one special person in my life; being only eighteen, it was amazing to be able to bring along Earl, my boyfriend, on this trip.

As with every trip my family goes on, my mom woke us all up early; she was trying to get us up and moving so we could get to the Magic Kingdom before it opened, so we could be one of the first waiting in line to get in . When we got to the park we were one of the first groups of people out of thousands of people waiting to get in the park. Our goal that morning was to hit three main rides, Space Mountain, Splash Mountain, and Haunted Mansion.

As soon as the ticket collectors got the okay to open the Magic Kingdom, we saw a mad rush of people going into the park, like it was Black Friday at Best Buy. When we got into the park my whole family looked at my dad and told him we would meet him at Space Mountain. So my mom, my brother, Earl and I ran straight for Tomorrow Land and ran got into the line that was already forming. We waited there for about five minutes before they opened up the ride, as soon as they did, we all ran straight through and got right on. I rode in the front of the coaster and it was so dark I could not see one thing in front of me. Going up and down, back and forth and only seeing lights blinking was so much fun, but it was over in a blink of my eye. Then it was back into the crowd of people, which had begun to smell like sweat, thanks to the heat.

Next, we headed toward Splash Mountain and hit a few random rides on the way. When we finally got to Splash Mountain we waited about twenty minutes, which felt like double because of the blazing Florida sun; which came at a great time because we needed this ride to help cool us off. During this ride, we sat in a log going through a river of water, listening to banjo music and seeing bits of a story about Brer Rabbit; then came upon a large waterfall when we had least expected it and when we came crashing down to the bottom of the waterfall we all got soaked. After that we were cooled off, thanks to Splash Mountain, we headed toward our next stop the Haunted Mansion.

In the crowds, we got pushed and shoved the whole way to the ride. When we finally made it to the Haunted Mansion we really got cooled down because we were wet and the entire building was air conditioned. After Splash Mountain this ride was a nice relaxing one; all we had to do was sit in a two person chair that moved on a track through the whole mansion. The thing I like a most about this ride was at the end of the ride, was where we looked in a mirror and saw a ghost setting in between Earl and I; the great thing about this was that every chair got a different ghost. After the Haunted Mansion we went to a couple more rides and shows and then we headed back to the hotel.

This was just are first day and we still had six more days and five more parks to hit. Going down to Disney World was an incredible trip for me. I was able to feel like a little kid again with no worries or drama like I had in high school. This trip was the beginning of my new life after high school and it was a great beginning. Disney is a magical place for me.



Picture Link

1 comment:

  1. Great new details. Space Mountain is classic, yet it's still so awesomely fun and no other parks can match it; they just imitate it poorly with similar coasters that let too much sunlight peak in.

    ReplyDelete